Policies & Disclosures
Effective Date: July 16, 2021
Services include the services that we provide to our clients, including fund sponsors and clients of our Independent Adviser Group (IAG), Institutional Consulting Group (ICG), and Trust Advisory Group (TAG), as well as our development and dissemination of research.
Information we collect
We collect information about you directly from you, from other sources, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services. We may combine the information that we collect from various sources.
- Information we collect directly from you through our Site. We collect certain information (e.g., personnel, structure, etc.) through password-protected portals. The information we collect directly from you includes your name, email address, and phone number. We may also collect information about your company, such as your company’s name and location, industry, personnel structure, and products. We will also collect any other information that you choose to provide to us through our Site.
- Information we collect directly from you through our mobile application. If you use our mobile application, you may choose to provide us with profile information such as your name, email address, job title, bio, profile photo, phone numbers, address, and social media handles. If you connect a social media account to the app, we may also receive information from these social media services such as your name, photo, and email address. We collect information that you post in the mobile application, such as comments and photos. We enable app users to message each other through the mobile application. To provide this service, Callan receives the message content.
- Information we collect about you from other sources. We may collect certain information about you from other sources, such as other employees of your company if they identify you as an executive or key professional or if someone else registers you for an event.
- Information we collect automatically. We or our service providers automatically collect information through your use of our Services using cookies and other technologies. This information may include, without limitation, information about your operating system; settings and system configurations; device IDs; push notification tokens; IP address; device model; the webpages you access within our Services; the website that led you to our Services; the website to which you go after leaving our Services; the number of times you access our Service, including the dates and times you do so; and other Services usage data.
How we use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Providing Our Services. To provide our Site and Services to you; to communicate with you, including via email, about your use of our Site and Services; to respond to your inquires; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Customized Experience. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- Marketing and Communications. To communicate with you about your account and use of our Site and Services; to provide you with news and newsletters, research, and other items of interest regarding invest-related topics; to send you push notifications.
- Surveys. To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or client satisfaction purposes.
- Research and Analytics. To analyze how users interact with our Site and Services; to understand financial trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
How we disclose your information
- Affiliates. We may disclose information to any current or future affiliates, parent companies, or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf.
- Conferences and Events. If you register to attend a Callan-hosted conference or event, we may share your name, contact information, and other information you wish to share about yourself with persons registered on Callan’s Site.
We may also disclose your information in the following ways:
- Client and Financial Reports. We may disclose information in our client reports. For example, we may aggregate information about your company with information about similar companies to report on financial trends or provide investment manager information to our fund sponsor clients as part of a manager search.
- Mobile App User Content. You may also optionally make your profile public and visible to other app users. Our mobile app enables you to post comments and photos that will be viewable by other users.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a government official.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, security or other purposes.
Cookies and other tracking mechanisms
- Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags, and Other Technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on webpages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to track the activities of visitors to our Site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Site. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our users, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
We have taken steps to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may modify the information that you have submitted by logging into your account or emailing us at [email protected].