About the Position
The individual filling this position will be a member of Callan’s Information Technologies group (IT). IT develops, maintains, and supports both the in-house and enterprise-based software for use on local systems by employees located throughout the U.S. Developers work closely with various internal groups to provide new tools, enhancements and support for the development lifecycle of new software.
- Design, develop, deploy, support, and maintain web applications
- Help move legacy systems from the computer room to the cloud
- Proactively learn and incorporate new and/or different technologies into the Callan stack.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor of science in computer science or equivalent degree and a minimum 1 year of programming experience in a business setting
- Strong communication and organizational skills to be part of a collaborative team
- Experience in working with Linux and Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of web application security considerations
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills, with a logical and pragmatic attitude
- Be a fast learner and be willing to tackle a large variety of problems
- Professional pride in generating clean, reliable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience developing in SQL, query optimization, and database design
- Experience developing efficient scalable systems in Python
- Keen interest in the institutional investment industry
A competitive compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. Long-term, successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm. The firm also offers a generous benefits package.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the web developer position.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.