About the Position
Callan is offering an internship at its San Francisco headquarters for the summer of 2020. This is a great opportunity to learn about both Callan and the investment consulting industry. The objectives for this internship include becoming familiar with Callan’s lines of business, examining the different types of career opportunities available within the industry, and identifying skills needed for success. This internship is also an opportunity to learn from industry professionals and develop a strong network to leverage throughout your time at Callan and beyond. Daily responsibilities will be supplemented with education on specific lines of business at Callan as well as topical industry subjects.
The intern’s duties include:
- Assisting various departments throughout Callan on specific group projects
- Helping conduct and compile research with assistance from Callan team members
- Attending asset manager and/or client meetings
- Data entry and data analysis
- Working with proprietary internal and external software programs including Salesforce, Pardot, and Atlassian
- Meeting with mentors and colleagues across Callan to hear insights on the industry and what working at Callan entails
To qualify, you must:
- Have interest in the institutional investment industry
- Be self-motivated, accurate, and detail-oriented while meeting numerous deadlines
- Be able to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills and a positive attitude
No course requirements are necessary for this internship as all majors are welcome.
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com referencing the internship position by Friday, March 27.
Founded in 1973, Callan is a one of the largest employee-owned investment consulting firms in the U.S., with more than $2 trillion in assets under advisement. We provide thoughtful, research-driven advice to large institutional investors including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Because we are independently owned and not beholden to outside shareholders, we help raise the industry standard by orienting everything we do around our clients’ goals.
Callan has just over 190 employees and is headquartered in San Francisco with five additional offices throughout the U.S. Learn more about us at www.callan.com.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.