About the Position
The individual filling this position will be a senior member of Callan’s Information Technology group (IT). IT develops, maintains, and supports both the in-house and enterprise-based software for use on local systems by employees located throughout the U.S. Developers work closely with various internal groups to provide new tools, enhancements and support for the development lifecycle of new software.
- Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize, and test applications, including our in-house financial applications
- Maintain a deep understanding of our database and how data flows on a quarterly cycle
- Design, develop, support, and maintain applications for backend data processing
- Help migrate legacy database and financial applications to a modern cloud-based environment
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor of science in computer science or a related major
- Strong communication and organizational skills to be part of a collaborative team
- Expertise in programming under Linux/UNIX
- Strong relational database skills (we are moving from Sybase to PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with REST API design and development using JSON API specification
- Micro Service Architecture and Governing Frameworks (Django, FLASK, Node.js/React)
- Excellent proble-solving and multitasking skills, with a logical and pragmatic attitude
- Be a fast learner who can tackle any job and quickly contribute
- Professional pride in generating clean, reliable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience with Docker, as well as AWS compute and RDS database deployment, maintenance and upkeep
- Test-driven development approaches
- Keen interest in the institutional investment industry
A competitive compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. Long-term, successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm. The firm also offers a generous benefits package.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing the senior software developer position.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.