About the Position
The Trust Advisory Group (TAG), Callan’s asset management division, specializes in the design, implementation, and ongoing management and monitoring of multi-manager portfolios for institutional investors. The operations specialist is responsible for supporting day-to-day operational functions and reporting related to Callan’s various investment strategies and outsourced chief investment officer (OCIO) mandates.
The operations specialist will assist in the following processes:
- Overseeing the direction of asset flow for capital calls, rebalancing efforts, and fund inflow or outflow for TAG’s various investment strategies and client relationships
- Monitoring assets and fund values daily to make sure funds are within rebalancing ranges and guidelines
- Creating and maintaining fund fact sheets for investment products managed by Callan
- Producing and verifying monthly and quarterly client statements
- Updating various industry databases with relevant product information
- Creating internal reports and analysis for all TAG investment strategies
- Researching and collecting various security-level information and other relevant data pertaining to Callan’s investment structures from Callan’s internal systems, Bloomberg, or other financial data sources
- Collecting data and calculating performance for all of TAG’s investment strategies and subadvisors
- Providing support and review for fund or client financial reporting requirements, such as annual audited financial statements, fund audits, and client Form 5500 filings.
- Providing administrative support to senior-level members of the group
- Responding to ad-hoc client requests and projects
Candidates should have the following skills:
- Self-motivated, accurate, detail-oriented, and able to work independently while meeting numerous deadlines of varying periodicity (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly)
- Excellent task management, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, math, statistics, or related field of concentration
- Ideal candidate has 2-5 years’ experience and have a familiarity with and interest in the investment markets and industry
A compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. The firm also offers a generous benefits package. Long-term successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing the Operations Specialist position.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.