About the Position
The Callan Institute is seeking a team member in our Chicago office to support research and education initiatives produced within the group. Responsibilities include:
- Working with Callan database experts, specialists, and others to collect and organize data for a quarterly research publication (Market Intelligence) and a semi-annual asset flow report (STAR)
- Working with Callan specialists to assist in writing commentary included in research publications
- Assisting in one-off research projects as they arise
- Engaging in an ongoing process of learning about the institutional investment marketplace, the investment strategies offered by investment firms, and the needs of institutional investors
Job Skills and Characteristics
- Strong technical skills with established track record of ability to master new software quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access)
- Experience with Python, R, and SQL a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ongoing desire to learn and a drive to increase knowledge, skills, and responsibilities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 to 3 years of business experience, preferably investment-related
- Progress toward chartered financial analyst (CFA) designation preferred
A competitive compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. Long-term, successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm. The firm also offers a generous benefits package.
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the Callan Institute research associate position.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.