About the Position
Callan is seeking a senior-level professional with a minimum of seven years of investment consulting or related experience in real assets. In this role, you will maintain a full client load, which includes providing investment consulting services to large retirement plans, endowments, foundations, or other similar types of asset pools. This position will preferably be located in Callan’s Chicago office.
What’s Unique About This Role?
The Real Assets Consulting group within Callan is responsible for evaluating real estate, timberland, farmland, and infrastructure investment strategies and managers. We work closely with clients to develop portfolio strategies, pacing plans, investment policy, and to find investment managers that best suit the clients’ needs. Producing topical and actionable research and education is vitally important to Callan, and all members of the Real Assets Consulting team participate in research initiatives.
- Depending on your experience level, act as the lead or back-up consultant to approximately three to five client relationships generating more than $500,000 in revenues per year through a combination of servicing existing clients and generating new business.
- Service clients in a timely and proactive manner. Working with other real assets consultants and applicable Callan oversight committees, you will direct and deliver client work for the real assets asset class encompassing:
- Strategic planning: Strategy allocation, manager structure, investment policies
- Plan implementation: Conducting manager due diligence, evaluations, and searches
- Performance evaluation: Monitoring existing client portfolios through reviewing quarterly performance measurement reports and manager due diligence
- Research and education: Researching and responding to all client requests
- Support the real assets research activities by covering segments within real assets, and become an expert in the identified areas.
- Actively participate and add value to Callan’s research initiatives through writing research papers, workshop delivery, and educational seminar participation.
- Proactively work on projects that help the firm as a whole.
- Represent Callan well at industry events, manager conferences, etc.
- Guide and motivate colleagues and foster a team environment.
- Encourage excellence and increased knowledge.
- Support Callan’s culture and philosophy
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical capabilities; detail-oriented
- Strong sales skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Must work independently and as part of a close team
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- CFA or CAIA preferred
- Minimum of seven years industry experience working with real assets
Compensation and Benefits
Callan offers a generous compensation and benefits package, including base salary, bonus, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, health/medical, tuition assistance, and more. Being employee-owned, Callan is committed to giving long-term successful professionals an opportunity to become equity partners in the firm.
Please email a cover letter and resume referencing “Real Assets Consultant” to [email protected].
Founded in 1973, Callan is a one of the largest employee-owned investment consulting firms in the U.S., with more than $2 trillion in assets under advisement. We provide thoughtful, research-driven advice to large institutional investors including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Because we are independently owned and not beholden to outside shareholders, we help raise the industry standard by orienting everything we do around our clients’ goals.
Callan has 200 employees and is headquartered in San Francisco with five additional offices throughout the U.S. Learn more about us at www.callan.com.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.