About the Position
The Trust Advisory Group (TAG) is Callan’s asset management division, specializing in the design, implementation, and ongoing management and monitoring of multi-manager portfolios for institutional investors. The operations specialist is responsible for supporting day-to-day operational functions and reporting related to Callan’s various investment strategies and outsourced chief investment officer (OCIO) mandates.
The operations specialist will assist in the following:
- Overseeing the direction of asset flow for capital calls, rebalancing efforts, and fund inflow or outflow for TAG’s various investment strategies and client relationships
- Monitoring assets and fund values on a daily basis to make sure funds are within rebalancing ranges and guidelines
- Collecting data and calculating performance for all of TAG’s investment strategies and sub-advisors
- Creating and maintaining fund fact sheets for investment products managed by Callan
- Producing and verifying monthly and quarterly client statements
- Updating various industry databases with relevant product information
- Creating internal reports and analysis for all TAG investment strategies
The operations specialist will also:
- Research, collect and edit, as necessary, various security-level information and other relevant data pertaining to Callan’s internal databases
- Provide administrative support to senior-level members of the group
- Respond to ad-hoc client requests and projects
- Self-motivated, accurate, detail-oriented, and able to work independently while meeting numerous, varying deadlines (daily, weekly, monthly etc.)
- Excellent task management, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, math, statistics, or related field of concentration
- Ideal candidate has 2-5 years’ experience and a familiarity with and interest in the investment markets and industry
- Callan offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary and annual bonus, and a generous benefits package.
- Long-term successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
Please email a resume and cover letter referencing “Operations Specialist” to email@example.com.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
About the Trust Advisory Group
The Trust Advisory Group (TAG) is responsible for the design, construction, and implementation of Callan’s discretionary asset management solutions. These discretionary solutions are multi-manager in nature and range from single-asset class funds to total portfolio solutions and overall plan design. TAG leverages all aspects of Callan’s core research units in the development and maintenance of our solutions and partners closely with the Fund Sponsor Consulting group in client support and discretionary business development. Client relationships are spread across the defined contribution, defined benefit, and endowment and foundation marketplaces.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.