Callan has an entry-level position available in the Client Report Services group in San Francisco. The performance analyst is responsible for the calculation and verification of portfolio returns and characteristics. The end product of this analysis is the production of investment measurement reports that track the performance and structure of our corporate, public, Taft-Hartley, and endowment and foundation clients. Duties and functions include, but are not limited to:
Data Collection and Evaluation
- Calculate returns using custodial statements
- Reconcile returns with fund managers
- Obtain client information from managers/recordkeepers
- Generate portfolio characteristics
- Use Bloomberg to verify dividends/capital changes
Production of Investment Measurement Reports
- Interact with clients and consultants on report content
- Check returns and analysis for content and reasonability
- Respond to special requests
- Obtain non-custodial information for mutual/commingled/real estate/private equity funds
- Generate custom reports using various software programs
Background and Characteristics
- Have familiarity with and interest in the institutional investment market
- Be self-motivated, accurate, detail-oriented, and able to work independently while meeting numerous deadlines
- Be able to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Have a bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, math, economics, or related field
Please email a cover letter and resume referencing “CRS Performance Analyst” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Since then, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions that are backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. Callan uses a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has five offices throughout the U.S.
Further information about Callan can be found on our website at www.callan.com.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.