About the Position
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support-related duties and is able to work independently with little supervision. This position requires a person who is highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a small group of diverse, highly motivated individuals. Reporting to the senior vice president, this individual is also responsible for managing the day-to-day office activities.
Skills of an ideal candidate include the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure; remaining flexible; proactive; resourceful; and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Expert-level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability, and attention to detail are important. Duties and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and screen incoming calls and forward calls to appropriate contact within the office
- Handle information of a confidential nature regularly and ensure that it is distributed, destroyed, or stored properly
- Schedule internal meetings with investment managers and clients
- As the sole support staff, must have the ability to work independently, exercising initiative and judgment with the ability to multi-task
- Create and update client information, uploading documents and logging meetings into Salesforce
- Accept and distribute mail daily
- Greet guests, including investment managers and clients
- Order and stock all office supplies
- Process and reconcile invoices
- Perform other duties assigned by consultants
- 5+ years of solid administrative assistant or office manager experience
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing work received from multiple individuals
- Demonstrated experience in time management and ability to meet deadlines with accurate materials
- Good judgment, analytical, detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Investment industry experience a plus
- Generally requires a minimum of 4-5 years of progressively responsible experience in an office environment and administrative support function
Compensation: A competitive compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. The firm also offers a generous benefits package. Long-term successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
Please email a resume and cover letter, referencing the Administrative Assistant/Office Manager position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.