About the Position
The Callan Institute is seeking a team member to support our client conferences, webinars, educational events, and the distribution of research. This individual will be located in the San Francisco office and will report to the director of the Callan Institute. Primary functions will include assisting in scheduling and organizing live and virtual events, contributing to email campaign management, and assisting in maintaining Callan’s contact database.
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years’ experience in project management/event coordination or related field, is technically adept, a strong communicator, extremely detail-oriented, can manage multiple projects simultaneously, and is able to provide technological guidance to address business needs. This individual will additionally provide internal employee training on communication software and tools.
- Assist in day-to-day event planning of live events, including processing registrations, responding to client questions, keeping up-to-date registration details.
- Manage marketing around all virtual and live events, including invitation creation and distribution, follow-up marketing, and details leading up to events.
- Assist in the production of educational materials for Callan Institute events, including reviewing and updating PowerPoint decks.
- Assist on site at events with event management, including client communication, onsite coordination, event set-up, and interfacing with outside vendors, clients, and hotel management.
- Assist in providing technical support and serve as the “go-to” resource for the following platforms and tools used for digital communication and marketing initiatives:
- Salesforce and Pardot: Managing set-up, email content, testing, and distribution of bulk emails and event invitations; client mailing list management; ensuring Salesforce and Pardot integration and troubleshooting for errors; etc.
- WebEx webinar software: set up and host webinars for internal and external virtual Callan events
- Callan’s WordPress-based website: review and post new and updated content for events
- Callan Institute app: update for new educational sessions and post research
- Assist with training colleagues on functionality of Salesforce and Pardot.
- Provide support to the Institute team during and between events (e.g., setting up meetings, conference calls, webinars, etc.).
Job Skills and Characteristics
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce
- Established track record of ability to master new software quickly
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Analytical thinker with the ability to provide technological guidance to solving business needs
- Team player across all levels of the company
- Ability to multitask and be flexible
- Consistent attention to detail and quality
- Potential for limited travel to events to assist with registrations, A/V, and clients’ technical requests. Some travel potential for internal employee trainings.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree
A competitive compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. We also offer a generous benefits package. Long-term, successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the Callan Institute event coordinator position.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
The Callan Institute is Callan’s research and education arm, dedicated to improving the best practices of the institutional investment community through research, education, and dialogue.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.