About the Position
We are seeking a senior-level professional with a minimum of seven years of investment consulting or related experience in real assets to fill the position of real assets consultant. The consultant is responsible for maintaining a full client load, which includes providing real assets investment consulting services to large retirement plans, endowments, foundations, or other similar types of asset pools. This position will preferably be located in Callan’s San Francisco or Chicago office.
The Real Assets Consulting group within Callan is responsible for evaluating real estate, timberland, farmland, and infrastructure investment strategies and managers. We work closely with clients to develop portfolio strategies, pacing plans, investment policy, and to find investment managers that best suit the clients’ needs. Producing topical and actionable research and education is vitally important to Callan, and all members of the Real Asset Consulting team participate in research initiatives.
Depending on the candidate’s experience level, act as the lead or back-up consultant to approximately three to five client relationships generating more than $500,000 in revenues per year through a combination of servicing existing Callan clients in a timely and proactive manner, and generating new business.
Working with other Real Assets consultants and applicable Callan oversight committees, this position is responsible for directing and delivering client work for the real assets asset class encompassing:
- Strategic planning: Strategy allocation, manager structure, and investment policies
- Plan implementation: Conducting manager due diligence, evaluations, and searches
- Performance evaluation: Monitoring existing client portfolios through reviewing quarterly performance measurement reports and manager due diligence
- Research and education: Researching and responding to all client requests
- Support the Real Assets research activities by covering segments within real assets and become an expert in the identified areas
- Actively participate and add value to the Callan research initiatives through writing research papers, workshop delivery, and educational seminar participation
- Proactively work on projects that help the firm as a whole
- Represent Callan well at industry events, manager conferences, etc.
- Guide and motivate colleagues
- Foster a team environment
- Encourage excellence and increased knowledge
- Support Callan’s culture and philosophy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical capabilities, detail-oriented
- Strong sales skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Must work independently and as part of a close team
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
- CFA or CAIA preferred
- Minimum of seven years industry experience working with real assets
A competitive compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. We also offer a generous benefits package. Long-term, successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing the real assets consultant position.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.