About the Position
This position will be responsible for providing support within Callan’s defined contribution (DC) consulting team in our Chicago office.
- Assist in the analysis of fees and services paid to DC plan recordkeepers
- Assist in searches for replacement of recordkeepers
- Assist in the development and maintenance of relationships with DC recordkeepers and investment management firms
- Assist in compiling investment, recordkeeping, and other data on behalf of consultants
- Prepare written profiles, spreadsheet analysis, and finalist books
- Assist with research and analysis of the DC marketplace, including industry trends in the administrative/operational areas of DC plans
- Assist in researching, drafting, and editing write-ups, presentations, and research papers
- Research special DC topics for Callan clients and consultants
- Keep up to date on the general DC and administration environment
- Represent Callan’s DC capabilities with clients
- Support the development of new DC business through presentations and meetings
- Analytical capabilities
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability to master knowledge of and use of Callan’s proprietary programs and systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and programs (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible and efficient
- Must work independently and as part of a close team
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably related to business
- 1-3 years business experience
- Some investment knowledge and background; DC knowledge helpful
A competitive compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. We also offer a generous benefits package. Long-term, successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the “DC Consulting” position.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.