About the Position
Callan seeks an analyst to support the firm’s Global Manager Research (GMR) team in San Francisco. This is an entry-level position. The GMR team is comprised of 15 investment professionals, including four analysts who share a great interest in the capital markets and investment research, as well as a deep respect for one another and the firm. The analysts work alongside senior GMR specialists in screening and evaluating investment managers for clients.
- Preparing reports for the team’s weekly investment committee calls
- Navigating the firm’s databases to build investment manager profiles
- Interacting with third-party investment management firms to verify investment performance and ensure their firms and investment strategies are properly represented in our client material
- Coordinating investment manager evaluation material with Callan consultants
- Managing the team’s calendar of projects and deliverables
- Inputting and maintaining data on the team’s client projects
- Ad-hoc projects supporting research and analysis of investment strategies
Analysts receive hands-on, weekly job training along with broader training on the capital markets (equity, fixed income, alternative assets, etc.), asset allocation, investment decision-making, investment evaluation, leadership, business acumen, and professional opportunities. Analysts are encouraged to continue their own professional development through the chartered financial analyst (CFA) program, industry conferences, and regular in-house meetings with investment managers.
Skills and Requirements:
- High degree of interest in investments and the capital markets
- Innate curiosity
- Familiarity with investment and financial terms
- High degree of comfort with data, analytics, and computer applications
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access)
- Highly responsive, organized, and detail-oriented
- Experience and demonstrated success working with deadlines
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- High degree of comfort working in a team-first environment
- Ability to multitask , maintain flexibility, and go with the flow
- Understanding of relational database structures preferred
- Experience with SQL or other programming language preferred
- Ability to have fun and a sense of humor
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS undergraduate degree required
- Degree in finance, economics, accounting, engineering, math, computer science, or other STEM-related fields preferred but not required
A competitive compensation package is offered, including base salary and annual bonus. We also offer a generous benefits package. Long-term, successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the “GMR Analyst” position.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.