About the Position
The Denver Fund Sponsor Consulting team is responsible for working with institutional fund sponsors primarily located in the West and mid-West. Clients represent a broad cross-section of public, corporate, eleemosynary and multi-employer pools of assets. The Denver team works closely with Callan’s specialty consultant groups—primarily located in our San Francisco headquarters—and clients directly to provide asset allocation, implementation advice, manager search and monitoring services to institutional investors.
Callan is seeking a professional with a minimum of five years institutional fund sponsor consulting experience to fill the position of Consultant in the Denver consulting practice. The Consultant acts as the primary and/or back up to retainer clients. The Consultant will be expected to work in a collegial fashion with the existing team and demonstrate the ability to build his/her own client base.
- Work as part of a consulting team on existing client relationships. This will include attendance at regular meetings, development of client work plans, marshalling Callan resources to deliver best-in-class work on an ongoing basis in the areas of asset allocation, manager structure, selection and monitoring.
- Monitor existing client portfolios by reviewing quarterly performance measurement reports, ad hoc manager meetings, working closely with the Global Manager Research Group and annual manager reviews.
- Research and respond to any and all client requests.
- Make presentations to clients, as necessary.
Prospective Clients/New Business Generation
- Actively prospect and generate new clients in the west and central region.
- Work closely with local Associate Consultants to respond to Requests-for-Proposals.
- Contribute to writing comprehensive proposals, as necessary to ensure the delivery of high quality materials.
- Work closely with local Associate Consultants to create and customize finals presentation materials.
- Appropriately researching prospective clients and working collaboratively with Denver-based consultants and regional offices, as necessary.
- Make finals presentations.
- Assist in developing customized educational information and/or seminars for clients.
- Coordinating research efforts for clients.
- Contribute to topical white papers from time-to-time.
- Represent and participate (or present) Callan at industry events and those events sponsored by the Callan Investments Institute.
- Prefer at least five years of direct consulting experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully building a book of business.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate with clarity and confidence.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated but able to work with a team in a collegial fashion.
- Experience working for or with institutional investors monitoring and implementing portfolio strategies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Ability to form supportable opinions and succinctly communicate such to co-workers and clients
- Team player
- Willingness to travel
- Ongoing desire to learn and a drive to improve
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Graduate Degree preferred
- CAIA and/or CFA candidate preferred
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience
- Callan offers a competitive compensation package including base salary and annual bonus.
- Long-term successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
- Callan offers a generous benefits package.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample referencing “Denver Consultant” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.