Opportunity is available in San Francisco, Chicago, or New York City Area
About the Position
As a private markets research analyst in Callan’s Alternatives Consulting group, you’ll conduct research on private markets fund investments and work collaboratively with Callan’s institutional clients and consultants to research and monitor private markets investments, including private equity (venture/growth and buyouts), private credit, and natural resources. You will report to the head of the Alternatives Consulting group.
Your primary focus will be sourcing, evaluating, and monitoring private markets funds, including both direct partnerships and funds-of-funds. You will also participate in client calls and meetings as appropriate to discuss ongoing research and due diligence projects.
- Proactively identify attractive fund investment opportunities
- Attend manager meetings and post meeting notes to Callan’s internal database on a timely basis
- Assist with developing a research coverage strategy (market map) to identify high-interest strategies for designated private markets sectors
Manager Due Diligence
- Assist with all phases of due diligence on prospective fund investments
- Compile due diligence materials and review with internal Callan committees and clients
- Coordinate the production of qualitative private markets monitoring reports
- Review quarterly performance measurement reports
- Attend regular manager meetings, including Annual General Meetings (AGMs), and post summary notes to Callan’s internal database
- Assist with cash flow models for capital budgeting
Research and Education
- Contribute to creating education materials for Callan Institute webinars and presentations
- Contribute to writing white papers and blog posts pertaining to private markets related topics of interest
Contribute Positively to Callan Corporate Culture
- Work constructively with colleagues in the group and across the broader organization
- Utilize Callan’s internal committees to ensure client recommendations and deliverables are of consistently high quality
- Assist with requests from Callan consultants, the Callan Institute, and the Published Research Group in a timely and efficacious manner
Over 1 year of demonstrated experience in private markets manager research. CFA and/or CAIA preferred. Technical proficiency, including coding experience, is desirable.
Compensation & Benefits
Callan offers a generous compensation and benefits package, including base salary, bonus, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, health/medical, tuition assistance, and more. Being employee-owned, Callan is committed to giving long-term successful professionals an opportunity to become equity partners in the firm.
Please email a cover letter and resume referencing “Private Markets Research Analyst” to [email protected].
Founded in 1973, Callan is a one of the largest employee-owned investment consulting firms in the U.S., with more than $2 trillion in assets under advisement. We provide thoughtful, research-driven advice to large institutional investors including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Because we are independently owned and not beholden to outside shareholders, we help raise the industry standard by orienting everything we do around our clients’ goals.
Callan has 200 employees and is headquartered in San Francisco with five additional offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.