About the Position
As a performance analyst in the Client Report Services (CRS) group at Callan, a leading independent investment consulting firm, you’ll be responsible for calculating and verifying portfolio returns and characteristics. From this analysis, you’ll produce investment measurement reports that provide important insights into the performance of our client portfolios. This entry-level position can be located in our San Francisco, Chicago, or Portland, OR offices.
Please note: Our day-to-day environment is changing rapidly due to COVID-19, and Callan is committed to prioritizing your safety. Our ideal candidate will be able to adapt to these changes, which means initially working remotely, moving to a hybrid work schedule, and potentially returning to the office full time.*
What's Unique About This Role?
In this position, you’ll have an opportunity to support some of the largest, most sophisticated institutional investors in the U.S., including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Along the way, you’ll hone the fundamentals of investment measurement reporting, learn the specific needs of large institutional investors, and critical skills to take your career to the next level.
Data Collection and Evaluation
- Calculate returns using custodial statements
- Reconcile returns with fund managers
- Obtain client information from managers/recordkeepers
- Generate portfolio characteristics
- Use Bloomberg to verify dividends/capital changes
Production of Investment Measurement Reports
- Interact with clients and consultants on report content
- Check returns and analysis for content and reasonability
- Respond to special requests
- Obtain non-custodial information for mutual/commingled/real estate/private equity funds
- Generate custom reports using various software programs
Job Skills & Requirements
- Have a familiarity/interest in the institutional investment market
- Be self-motivated, accurate, detail-oriented, and able to work independently while meeting numerous deadlines
- Be able to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- BA/BS required with a preference for finance or related degree
Compensation, Benefits & Training
At Callan, you can expect:
- A generous compensation and benefits package, including base salary, bonus, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, health/medical/dental/vision benefits, monthly communications stipend, tuition assistance, and more
- Training for all Callan databases, research, and other systems
- Access to team-building events, community outreach opportunities, and wellness events
As an employee-owned firm, Callan is committed to giving long-term successful professionals an opportunity to become equity partners.
Founded in 1973, Callan is a one of the largest employee-owned investment consulting firms in the U.S., with more than $3 trillion in assets under advisement. We provide thoughtful, research-driven advice to large institutional investors including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Because we are independently owned and not beholden to outside shareholders, we help raise the industry standard by orienting everything we do around our clients’ goals.
Callan has 200 employees and is headquartered in San Francisco with five additional offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.
Research shows that women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage all, especially women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community, to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
*Subject to applicable law, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter Callan offices, travel on company business, and attend company sponsored events. A proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.