About the Position
As a performance analyst in the Client Report Services (CRS) group at Callan, a leading independent investment consulting firm, you’ll be responsible for calculating and verifying portfolio returns and characteristics. From this analysis, you’ll produce investment measurement reports that provide important insights into the performance of our client portfolios. This entry-level position can be located in our San Francisco or Portland, OR offices.
What's Unique About This Role?
In this position, you’ll have an opportunity to support some of the largest, most sophisticated institutional investors in the U.S., including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Along the way, you’ll hone the fundamentals of investment measurement reporting, learn the specific needs of large institutional investors, and critical skills to take your career to the next level.
Data Collection and Evaluation
- Calculate returns using custodial statements
- Reconcile returns with fund managers
- Obtain client information from managers/recordkeepers
- Generate portfolio characteristics
- Use Bloomberg to verify dividends/capital changes
Production of Investment Measurement Reports
- Interact with clients and consultants on report content
- Check returns and analysis for content and reasonability
- Respond to special requests
- Obtain non-custodial information for mutual/commingled/real estate/private equity funds
- Generate custom reports using various software programs
Job Skills & Requirements
- Have a familiarity/interest in the institutional investment market
- Be self-motivated, accurate, detail-oriented, and able to work independently while meeting numerous deadlines
- Be able to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- BA/BS required with a preference for finance or related degree
Compensations & Benefits
Callan offers a generous compensation and benefits package, including base salary, bonus, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, health/medical, tuition assistance, and more. Being employee-owned, Callan is committed to giving long-term successful professionals an opportunity to become equity partners in the firm.
Founded in 1973, Callan is a one of the largest employee-owned investment consulting firms in the U.S., with more than $3 trillion in assets under advisement. We provide thoughtful, research-driven advice to large institutional investors including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Because we are independently owned and not beholden to outside shareholders, we help raise the industry standard by orienting everything we do around our clients’ goals.
Callan has 200 employees and is headquartered in San Francisco with five additional offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.