About the Position
Callan is seeking a professional, ideally with a minimum of two years' investment industry experience, to fill the position of associate consultant in our Atlanta office. The associate consultant will be relied upon to assist the general consultants in all phases of Callan's investment consulting to fund sponsor clients: strategic planning, investment implementation, performance evaluation, education, and new business development.
Duties and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Create alternative asset mixes (efficient frontier) and graphs using Callan's proprietary software
- Assist consultants in preparation of strategic analysis for clients
- Draft/review statements of investment policy
- Understand and review quarterly performance reports
- Contribute to the production of client quarterly executive summary reports
- Create detailed analysis at the total fund level, asset class level, and investment manager level
- Prepare ad-hoc client presentations as needed
- Assists in manager/product research as needed
- Draft/review client and manager profiles for specific manager searches
- Coordinate meetings with the team and investment manager
- Assist in developing customized educational information and/or seminars for clients
- Assist in researching special topics for general consultants
- Provide general consultants with quarterly capital markets detail
New Business Development:
- Responding to requests-for-proposal
- Assist in general marketing effort as needed
- Assist in researching prospective clients
Skills and Characteristics
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Able to work independently and as a part of a dynamic team
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to master knowledge of and use of Callan’s proprietary programs and systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Salesforce
- Two to three years' relevant industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in finance, economics, or related discipline
- CFA charter holder, CFA candidate, or willingness to commit to the CFA program
- Callan offers a competitive compensation package including base salary and annual bonus, as well as a generous benefits package.
- Long-term successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
Please email a resume and cover letter, referencing “Associate Consultant – Atlanta” to email@example.com.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1973, Callan LLC is one of the largest independently-owned investment consulting firms in the United States. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices across the country, we provide research, education, decision support, and advice to a broad range of institutional investors, collectively responsible for nearly $3 trillion in total assets.
As an employee-owned firm, we pride ourselves on our ability to attract and retain the brightest investment professionals in our industry. In a business that is critically dependent on the tenure of its people, our average consultant has been with the firm for over 10 years. This stability creates the perspective and the experience that make us a recognized leader in our industry.
Further information regarding Callan can be found on our website at www.callan.com.