About the Position
The Real Assets Consulting group at Callan is responsible for evaluating real estate, timberland, farmland, and infrastructure investment managers. The Real Assets Consulting group works closely with client consultants and clients directly to present portfolio strategies and investment managers that best suit the clients’ needs. As an analyst, you will provide support and analysis to the real assets asset classes.
Duties and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Data collection and entry for manager search and manager evaluation projects.
- Communicate with investment managers to obtain information and to verify the accuracy of the data provided by them.
- Generate committee packages and client books for manager searches.
- Support the investment consultant throughout the search process.
- Assist with the RFP process including coordination of mailing, receipt, data entry, analysis of responses, and preparation of pertinent summary information.
- Track investment funds open for commitment.
- Assist with client and manager files.
- Assist with manager/product research as needed.
- Draft/review manager profiles for all real assets manager searches.
- Produce ad-hoc analytics as needed
Candidate must have the following qualifications:
- A desire to engage in the work and with the asset class.
- Undergraduate level degree.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Well organized, efficient, and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects having varying deadlines.
- Use good judgment in prioritizing workflow and coordinating projects with investment consultant/manager.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Work well in a team environment.
- A self-starter.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.