About the Position
Callan is looking for an accounting manager to join an existing team of four in the Accounting and Finance department in our San Francisco headquarters. The accounting manager will have an active role in the closing of financial books and records, and assisting the controller with the FP&A process. This full-time, onsite position interfaces with various departments and requires a person who is highly organized, detail-oriented, personable, and thrives in a team environment.
Accounting and Bookkeeping:
- Journal entries including maintenance of recurring journal entries and revenue splits
- Review application of daily cash receipts and updating cash forecast on monthly basis
- Review and assist with expenses, AP, revenues, AR, and fixed asset activity
- Coordinate the monthly closing of financial books and records
- Assist in the compilation of information for the annual financial audit
- Assist with organizing accounting records on accounting drive and ongoing maintenance of data
Financial and Business:
- Perform revenue and expenditure variance analysis monthly and review with controller
- Perform quarterly and annual financial analysis on income statement
- Assist controller in developing and implementing FP&A process
- Assist in maintaining shareholder register and related information
- Assist in the compilation of information for the company’s annual tax returns
- Assist in reviewing federal, state and various city tax returns, maintaining book to tax reconciliation
Understand all aspects of Intacct accounting system and integration with Salesforce, Concur, Bank of America systems, ADP and other systems and work toward improvement of current processes.
Special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA desired
- 4 to 10 years of experience in related industry
- Able to handle multiple tasks and stay organized
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Attentive to and excellent retention of detail
Computer Skill Requirements
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Intacct, Concur, Salesforce, and ADP systems desired
- Callan offers a competitive compensation package including base salary and annual bonus.
- Long-term successful professionals may become equity partners in the firm.
- Callan offers a generous benefits package.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the accounting manager position.
Callan was founded as an employee-owned investment consulting firm in 1973. Ever since, we have empowered institutional clients with creative, customized investment solutions backed by proprietary research, exclusive data, and ongoing education. Today, Callan advises on more than $2 trillion in total fund sponsor assets, which makes it among the largest independently owned investment consulting firms in the U.S. We use a client-focused consulting model to serve pension and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, foundations, independent investment advisers, investment managers, and other asset owners. Callan has six offices throughout the U.S.
Callan is an equal opportunity employer.